This week most South Africans entered the “Banana Bread Baking Phase” of lockdown. If you too have spent many of your lockdown hours flexing your culinary skills, then why not use this new found love for food to boost your libido with healthy ingredients. Most people associate libido boosting food with exotic treats like oysters, truffles and dark chocolate. But, did you know that your next aphrodisiac is possibly already in your stock piled pantry.
Here are some healthy foods to help put the passion back into your love life;
- Avocados are good for your heart and your arteries. This makes them great for your libido – because you’ve gotta make sure blood is pumping to all the right places.
- Bananas are high in potassium. While the phallic shape may immediately fuel passions, the potassium delivers muscle strength which helps intensify orgasms.
- Nuts are the perfect sexy snack. Researchers have found that consuming 60g of nuts daily improves sexual functions such as boosting desire and orgasm quality.
- Coffee’s caffeine content increases stamina and can even elevate your mood. Coffee also increases dopamine levels in the brain, the stuff that increases desire and pleasure.
- Chillies contain capsaicin, which triggers the release of endorphins. It stimulates nerve endings, increases metabolism and raises your heart rate. This can cause flushed cheeks, sweating and other physical effects that mimic arousal. Just make sure you wash your hands after touching them.
The American Heart Association recommends a diet of whole grains, fibre, a variety of fruits and vegetables, healthy oils, seafood, nuts and legumes. So next time you visit the fridge, make sure to grab that extra naughty nibble…